Web developer capable of responding to business challenges with confidence, determination, and focus. Demonstrated knowledge and ability in all facets of web development and software engineering. Experience since 2008 executing the software development life cycle through successful and timely completion. Dedicated professional with outstanding communication skills; able to focus on customer service and company vision.
- Full-Stack Development
- Web & Database Administration
- Software Development Life Cycle
- Software Quality Assurance
- End-to-End & Regression Testing
- Code Refactoring
- WCAG 2.1, Section 508
- User Experience Design
- Web Design Principles
- WordPress, Headless, Contentful
- MySQL, MariaDB
- HTML(5), Twig
- CSS, SASS, LESS
- npm, Gulp, Grunt, Bower, Composer
- Linters, Formatters, CI Pipelines
- Apache, NGINX
- Unix CLI, Bash, WP-CLI
- Git, SVN
- Flexbox, CSS Grid, Bootstrap, Foundation, UIKit, Formstone
- JSON, REST APIs, GraphQL
- XML, RSS, Atom
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Amazon Alexa Applications
- Google Analytics & AdWords
- Mac, Unix, Linux, Windows
- PHPStorm, Atom, Sublime Text
- Transmit, FileZilla, PuTTY
- iTerm2, WSL
- Sequel Pro, MySQL Workbench
- MAMP Pro, VirtualBox + Vagrant
- VoiceOver, NVDA, JAWS, WAVE
- Plesk, cPanel
- Adobe Suite
- Microsoft Office, Grammarly, Hemingway
- Screaming Frog SEO Spider
- Survey Monkey
- Jira, Confluence, Trello, Basecamp, InVision, Harvest & Forecast App
Senior Web Developer at Agora Financial
Baltimore, MD | May 2018 – March 2020
- Initial and ongoing full-stack development of highly public and highly accessible free/paid subscription-based websites (Accounts with up to 10M active users/month; Websites with 200-300K active users/month.).
- Development of custom solutions including CMS development (WordPress, Contentful, Headless), custom API integrations for multiple systems, themes, plugins, Apache/NGINX/AWS server configurations, and more.
- Managing ongoing maintenance for 364 web hosting environments including updating PHP versions, MySQL versions, CMS versions, CMS plugin versions, refactoring, and regression testing.
- Setting up user/subscription authentication using proprietary Middleware software that fetches data from Advantage where the users live.
- Setting up ad-zones through proprietary OpenX software.
Web Developer at Fastspot
Baltimore, MD | April 2017 – May 2018
- Development of award-winning websites for large-scale higher education institutions.
- Development of custom plugins, modules, and database structures on a per-project basis to meet the client’s needs.
- Maintain direct communication with clients throughout the SDLC to define technical requirements, scope, and timelines.
- Learn the hosting inside and out with the intention of becoming the team lead in charge of the hosting department.
- As lead WordPress developer, created a custom theme boilerplate and documentation to improve DevOps.
Freelance Web Developer
Baltimore, MD | April 2008 – Present
- Worked with clients to understand their needs and identify pain points with the online side of their business and setting expectations while providing them with timely quotes.
- Managed a team of designers, copywriters, and SEO consultants, providing them with direction, briefings, and guidance on each project.
- Developed quality WordPress websites using Advanced Custom Fields and the theme customizer to provide for a completely customizable website.
- Worked with lots of e-commerce projects.
Web Developer at EZMarketing (formerly EZSolution)
Lancaster, PA | July 2015 – September 2016
- Built small-business lead-gen and e-commerce shopping cart websites on a tight time constraint daily (mostly 1-15 business day delivery dates with content and design up-front).
- Full-stack development of custom themes, plugins, and custom fields often by scratch to extend the core functionality of WordPress.
- Worked with e-commerce websites using WooCommerce and wrote any custom implementations that were needed.
- Responded countless websites to display on any size device.
Web Developer at Multimind Group
Miami, FL | January 2015 – April 2015
- Worked heavily with e-commerce WordPress development.
- Developed themes, plugins, and custom fields for each project.
- Converted Adobe Photoshop files to a website.
- Played a secondary role as an SEO Consultant doing on-page SEO, off-page SEO, keyword research and managing social media accounts.
Bachelor of Science Program in Multimedia Design and Development
DeVry University, Ft. Washington, PA – 4 months
College of Media Arts & Technology
Concentration: Web Design & Development
Inbound Marketing Certification
Dec 2016 – Jan 2018
High School Diploma
Oley Valley School District
Aug 1997 – Jun 2010